Sunday, April 13, 2008

opening day












Saturday was opening day for Dylan's baseball.







It was a very, very long day that started at 8:30 am and ended 5:50 pm, we could not have had better weather though, it was beautiful and I will tell you baseball has sure gotten fun to watch, the last time D played ( he skipped last year) the kids skill level was not very high. It is down right exciting now, they make plays and steal bases. Our team was down 5 to nothing, and D got on base and stole 3rd and home and scored the first run. As you can see by the pic he was a little bored in left field, and also pre-occupied with his new "cup" he hates it and cannot leave his hands off it. any way-we lost 7 to 3 but the kids were still excited, and that was only their first game, they'll warm up. I'm looking forward to a great season- I am one of those loud, cheering mothers, I just need to get the lingo down. As I was watching the game I remembered in high school there was one mother in particular who used to yell out sayings like, "give him the high hard one!" or " make him wish he had" I thought about giving those a try, but I still don't know what they mean. we'll see as the season goes on.


2 comments:

Living the Dream said...

Love the pictures.

Do the Puyallup said...

I remember the "high hard one!!!" and even being offended back then. Wasn't that Dean Bringoff's mom??? I think you should make that your personal saying. People will really admire your spirit. Tell D he is very handsome in his uniform.